Use of this park constitutes agreement to the following rules:
- Dogs must be 6 months of age or over and have valid rabies vaccination.
- All dogs must wear a collar with identification and rabies tags when using the park.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering or leaving the fenced area of the park and have a leash available at all times when in the park.
- No children under 12 years of age unless accompanied by and adult.
- Keep the gates closed at all times.
- Dog owners/handlers must remain in the dog park with the dog(s) and must be in reasonable control of the dog(s) at all times.
- No more than three (3) dogs are allowed per owner/handler.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted. Dog's that show aggression must be removed immediately.
- Dangerous Dogs as defined in City of Hays, Code of Ordinance, Chapter 5, Section 5-123 are not allowed in the dog park.
- The dog park is only for use by dogs and owners/handlers. No other types of pets are allowed.
- No food (human or dog), rawhide chews, bones or similar are allowed in the dog park.
- Items that may cause health concerns for dogs such as cigarette butts, chewing tobacco and alcohol shall be properly disposed of and NOT left on the ground.
- No littering and no glass bottles.
- Owners/handlers are responsible for their dog's behavior and must immediately remove any excrement deposited by their dog and must fill in any holes dug by their dog.
- Dogs in heat, pregnant or lactating are not permitted in the dog park.
- Owners/handlers are responsible for any injuries or property damage caused by their dog.
- Owner/handlers must immediately restrain their dog and/or leave the park when instructed to do so by an Officer or by an employee of the City of Hays.
- Violation or disregard of these rules can result in removal from the park temporarily or permanently.
- Serious animal bites should be reported to the City of Hays Police Department at 625-1011 or if it is an emergency dial 911.