Noise Permit Processing Procedures
- 1. Applicant requests an application for a Noise Permit from the City Clerk's Office. While in the process of handing out a blank application, please notify applicant of allowing at least 24 - 48 hours for processing.
- 2. Applicant should return the completed application with a $20 permit fee to the City Clerk's Office.
- 3. The City Clerk's office will receipt the permit fee payment and complete the bottom half of the application. The completed application will then be forwarded to the Assistant City Manager for review. The Assistant City Manager will obtain the City Manager's approval (and signature) and return the application to the City Clerk's Office.
- 4. Upon receiving an approved application, City Clerk staff will prepare a Permit to be issued with pertinent information completed and a signature and stamp affixed of the City Clerk.
- 5. If the Permit is ready before the 24 – 48 hour timeline occurs, City Clerk Staff will contact the Permit applicant to notify him/her of the Permit being ready.
- 6. The completed Noise Permit, along with a document entitled "Noise Permit Issuance Requirements, City of Hays," should be handed out to the applicant at the end of this transaction.
- 7. City Clerk staff will copy and distribute the completed application, and Permit to appropriate departments and external locations (refer to application check boxes).
- 8. The completed application will be filed as appropriate in the City Clerk's office.