arrow08Solid Waste FAQ

City of Hays, KS > Departments > Public Works > Solid Waste Div. > Solid Waste FAQ >
  • How can I arrange a special pickup for a large item?

    Call the Solid Waste Division at 628-7350 or
    e-mail mhonas@haysusa.com
  • What if the cart is broken?
    The Solid Waste Division should be contacted as soon as possible. The damage will be examined. If damage is through normal use, the cart will be repaired/replaced. If the damage is from misuse by the customer charges will be assessed.
  • What if the cart is lost or stolen?
    A lost or stolen cart is the customer's responsibility to purchase another City of Hays cart.

  • Who do I contact to begin collection service?

    Call the City Clerk's Office at 628-7300, or visit them at City Hall, 1507 Main St.
  • Who do I contact to report someone failing to keep their trash bagged or their yard clean?

    Contact the Planning, Inspection, and Enforcement Division at 628-7310. They take care of code violations.
  • What color of bags should I use to put my recyclable materials in?

    Please use blue bags only for recyclables. Any other color will be considered refuse .
  • Can I use the blue bags I bring groceries home in for recycling?

    Unfortunately, too many people use the grocery blue bags for regular refuse. We ask that you purchase blue bags for recycling. If you use the blue grocery bags for your recycling it may be placed in with the regular refuse, instead of the recycling.


Home | Business | Visitors | Residents |Government | Quick Links | Privacy Policy

Last Modified 01/30/18 


 Website Design Contacts:  Jessi Jacobs | Chad Ruder