Northwest Kansas Community Corrections Board
Meetings: Held quarterly in Hays (Thirsty's) at 4:00 p.m.
2021 Meeting Dates
March 11, 2021
June 10, 2021
August 5, 2021 Special Meeting - The Governing Board of Northwest Kansas Community Corrections and Northwest Kansas Juvenile Services will hold a special meeting on Thursday, August 5 at 12:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at Thirsty's Venue, 2704 Vine St, Hays, KS 67601.
September 9, 2021
December 9, 2021
The Board of Directors shall schedule meetings as necessary. The Board shall meet at least quarterly. An annual meeting shall be held the last calendar meeting of the year. Special meetings may be called, but public notice must be given at least 24 hours prior to any special meetings.
The Northwest Kansas Community Corrections Board is comprised of 17 counties in northwest Kansas, making up the 15th, 17th, and 23rd Judicial Districts including Cheyenne, Decatur, Ellis, Graham, Gove, Logan, Norton, Osborne, Phillips, Rawlins, Rooks, Sheridan, Sherman, Smith, Thomas, Trego and Wallace Counties. This Board shall have all the authority, rights and responsibilities that would be given to an individual county under the Kansas Juvenile Justice Code. This Board is the governing body of the Multi-County Community Juvenile Correctional Services Program for Northwest Kansas. The purpose of this Board is to yearly formulate a comprehensive plan for the development, implementation, operation and improvement of correctional services in Northwest Kansas Community Corrections’ seventeen counties.
This Board consists of 18 or more voting members serving 2-year terms who shall be representative of:
- law enforcement;
- the judiciary;
- ethnic minorities;
- social services;
- general public.
The City of Hays has 1 Mayoral appointment to this Board.
Expires February 1, 2023
Appointments Made by Other Entities
- Stacie Minson, Chairperson (Trego County)
- Don Scheibler (Chiefs of Police)
- Judge Tom Drees (Chief Judge)
- Aaron Cunningham (Prosecution)
- Judge Shannon Schmidt (Smith County)
- Daniel Thornton (Education Rep/Logan County)
- Mike Smith (Court Services Designee/15th, 17th and 23rd Judicial District)
- Cathy Shaffer (Mental Health Rep)
- Ronnie Hill (Wallace County)
- Abigail Horn (Norton County)
- Alex Herman (Defense Attorney)
- Gregory Balthazor (Rooks County)
- Ken Badsky (Decatur County)
- Neal Younger (Ellis County)
- Robert Paxson (Graham County)
- Judge Renee Henke (17th JD Admin Judge, Osborne County)
- Judge Paula Hofaker (Phillips County)
- Isaac Leblanc (Rawlins County)
- Mary Ellen Welshhon (Sheridan County)
- Linda Davis-Stephens (Chief Judge, 15th JD)
- Corey Dipman (Gove County)
- Judge Scott Showalter (Sherman County)
- Judge Paula Keller (Cheyenne County)
- Richard Thompson (Norton County)