- Parks Department
- Reserve a Shelter House
Shelter House Reservations
How to Make a Reservation
Select the desired park from the list below to access it’s reservation calendar or click All Reservation Calendars to view all shelter house calendars. All shelter house reservations must be made online.
For assistance in making a reservation, view the instructional guide.
If your event will require a park lease, please contact the Parks Department at (785) 628-7375.
Reservation Regulations & Information
- There are no deposits or fees required to reserve a shelter house.
- The park and all park facilities other than the shelter house are still open to the general public.
- Reservations are posted weekly, so all online reservations must be made a minimum of eight days in advance and can be made up to 365 days in advance.
- The City of Hays has the right to cancel reservation(s) made if incomplete/invalid information is provided or if abuse of the reservation system occurs. All cancellations will happen within two business days of when the reservation is made and a confirmation of the cancellation will be sent to the email provided.
- Please review all park rules.
- If you are planning on setting up a tent or shade canopy that require stakes being driven into the ground please review these maps to see which parks allow such and the location that they may be placed